Friday, March 27, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival 2009


This past weekend, Dylan's class was invited to ride the fire truck in the Cherry Blossom Parade. The Chief of the Fire Department came and talked to Dylan's class for Black History Month and gave his class a special invitation to ride on the truck. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast! It was even on TV! I asked John and Rebecca if they wanted to go with me because Brandon couldn't make it to the parade, so Mrs. Davis said they could ride the truck with us. Because we were in the parade it was hard to get pictures of the parade, but I managed to get a few of the kids and some things waiting to get in line for the parade.



Dylan and Sutherlan waiting for the parade to start.



Ian and Dylan before the parade started. It ended up being hotter than I thought it would be, so Dylan was mad at me because he didn't wear shorts and he was complaining about being hot.



This is a picture of Mrs. Davis with some of our class. She is the one on the right with the pink shirt and scarf around her neck. We LOVE Mrs. Davis!!! Also pictured, Ato (Morgan and Carina's dad), their brother and either Morgan or Carina (They are twins and I can't tell them apart!) and John is on the left.



The theme for Cherry Blossom Festival is "Think Pink" and the Mascot is The Pink Poodle.



I know everyone knows the Crime Dog from Crimestoppers! The kids loved seeing him!

Afterward, we headed over to the Cherry Blossom Festival and let the kids ride some rides, enjoyed some good fair food and had ice cream for dessert!



Bailey and Sutherlan riding the "RACE CARS!"



Bailey and Sutherlan riding the roller coaster. I hope you can see their faces because I laughed so hard I was crying! It was so much fun to watch them.



Dylan and Ian riding this fun ride. I wish I could have ridden it with them. It looked like a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KiKi said...

Making precious memories!!!!
Looks like you all had lots of fun :)
LOVE THE PICTURE OF THEM ON THE TREE!
Glad the weather cooperated!

love you all,
Kiki