Brandon has done it again! Sutherlan had gotten to where she was waking me up all through the night saying her bed was "just not comfortable" and other things to try and get me into her room. Well, I asked her if we got her a "BIG" bed like Dylan's would she be happier and she said, "Yes". So, we went in search of a twin size bed instead of the toddler bed she had. Well, we found out very quickly that they are expensive!!! Just a single mattress without the box spring was $100.00, so I started thinking....Brandon can build her a bed like he did for Dylan. For those of you who don't know, Dylan has a race car bed that Brandon made him when he was about 4. So, I started thinking what kind of bed should we do? Then, it came to me!! She has this huge castle on her wall and I thought how cute would it be to have a bridge leading up to the castle and that could be the bed???? I told Brandon my idea and he had in mind just what he wanted to do and this is what he came up with......

Needless to say, she loves it!! She has really gotten into Hello Kitty lately, so we went and got Hello Kitty bedding. It turned out so cute!!
For those of you who have kids, I'm sure you will understand...keeping them in bed all night can be somewhat of a challenge. I found out that Build-A-Bear Workshop has Hello Kitty, so I took her to pick out a Hello Kitty "Sleeping Buddy" and she picked out some pjs for her. It was a lot of fun and now she has her new bridge bed and Hello Kitty sleeping buddy to keep her company. She has actually slept really good in her new bed!! She told me she has the BEST DADDY EVER! She has thanked him so many times I can't keep count and she constantly tells me that her bed is "Comfee Cozy".
3 comments:
I want a new bed too...mines just not very comfortable. Can I place an order with Brandon? I'd like a king size bed that looks like a swimming pool. Maybe you could paint a big sunshine on my wall too!
That bed is too adorable!!
He is so talented! I swear he is going to have to build our kids a bed. John, being the engineer, could make sure it was measured exactly and would never break, but I am not sure who would do all the artwork on it :) So cute!!!
Brandon, I can't believe you came from your daddy's loins!!!! ha ha!!
Sutherlan, I LOVE your bed and I think mommy and daddy did a great job coming up with that idea and then building it and making it really look like a bridge.
What lucky kids you two are!!!
And I agree, you do have a wonderful daddy! love, Kiki
Post a Comment