

My friend, Crystal, and I went to see the Eagles Friday night in Alpharetta, GA. It was a really good concert. We met Friday around lunch and spent the day together. We have not seen each other in five years! We met when Brandon and I lived in Greenwood, SC and have been friends ever since. It was a lot of fun to catch up and visit with each other. They opened the parking lot at 5:30 and we were one of the first ones there. We got in line and when they opened the gates at 6:30 pm we took off running trying to get a good seat on the lawn. I know we must have looked like two crazy women -- me, running to get the BEST spot and Crystal, running to get our chairs (which ended up being free for the first 100 people!) The Eagles didn't have an opening act and they managed to play for three hours with a 15-minute intermission in the middle. They sang a good combination of their new and old songs. I thought of mom several times when they played "I Can't Tell You Why" and "Hotel California". I also enjoyed "Desperado". The only downside to the evening was that it was FREEZING and I wore a short sleeved shirt and sandals. Thank goodness Crystal had a poncho that I used to block the wind. It was a lot of fun!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment